Scoil Naomh Maelruan Sóisear aims to:
- Provide a child-centred school, where each child is encouraged to work with confidence at his or her own level, through the provision of wide ranging educational experiences, appropriate resources and individual support, thus encouraging the child to be more aware of his/ her own contribution to success.
- Foster co-operation at all levels between children, staff, parents and the wider community, acknowledging that each body has a valuable contribution to make to school life.
- Provide an environment in which everyone is valued and encouraged to reach their potential as happy, respectful, caring and confident people.
- Ensure that discipline is a shared responsibly between school and home, with children taking an active role forming and implementing rules that foster a safe, caring and co-operative learning environment for everyone. Praise and rewards are a central feature of our code of discipline.
- As a staff, work collaboratively and consistently as a team; empowering, dynamic and forward-moving, creating an organised and stimulating school for all.
- Provide effective leadership and guidance, through co-operation, communication and consultation, between Board of Management, principal and in-school management teams.